Last week, I wrote the counterpart to this post “4 Signs He's Worth Marrying”. But let's turn the table on the ladies and showcase a few qualities I believe men should take into consideration when facing the question of marriage.

Last summer, My wife and I had the treat of spending 24 hours in Lake Tahoe with 5 couples, celebrating their 20th wedding anniversaries. I took this as an opportunity to ask some serious questions. Their answers helped form my list below.

Quick Rules:
1. This article is a bit different than the counterpart. I strived to focus on some of the more prominent male struggles of today.
2. This article is written for a male reader. Though I'm sure it will offer value to a women reader as well.
3. These may not all apply to you. But they do apply to others. Please respect that.
4. This is an article for people who desire to be married, if that's not you, then check out this article.

4 Signs She's Worth Marrying

She Shares Your Values

I cannot express how critical this is. A bride must share your value system on the points that matter – spirituality, children, sex, family, and even divorce. If she's not on board with your core, you might want to get back in the market for someone who is.

She Respects You

Men have an innate desire to be honored and respected. This is not about submission, rather admiration, adoration, and encouragement. If you find a woman who has a head of respect (She thinks honorably about you), a heart of respect (She desires to follow you) a mouth of respect (she speaks highly of you), and hands of respect (out of love, she helps you) then you my friend, have a keeper.

She Supports You

A woman worth marrying is an incredible helper. Not out of gender role but out of love. She desires to serve, assist, and support you through the obstacles you meet together. It's not about laundry. It's not about dishes. It's about a heart that pours out a nurturing love of companionship. Like the saying goes, “behind every good man, is a great woman.”

She Captivates You

Let's throw culture's definition of beauty to the wayside for a moment. Men are predominantly physical, visual beings. Science, scripture, history, studies, they all back this truth. Luckily, a man's desires come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and smells. It comes in noses, feet, butts, necks, hands, eyes, and everywhere else imaginable ๐Ÿ™‚ But the key is captivation. Not lust. Can you look at this woman outside of time (because she will change), and say to yourself, “I can wake up every day of my life and believe she is beautiful.”

I know I've only touched the surface here. What are some other qualities of a woman worth marrying? Let me know in the comments below.

97 thoughts on “4 Signs She’s Worth Marrying

1. Melissa says:

This was not what I was expecting to read in my “daily positive” blog moment. I read your “4 signs he is worth marrying” (which Iโ€™ll refer to as the male post here) and was happy to see the counter post this morning. However, I quickly regretted my happiness for this post (which all refer to as the female post). Let’s start with the tag lines for each “sign”. In the male post last week the tags lines were all centered around qualities the man possesses; a strong value system, fun, honest and โ€œfights fair.โ€ To counter that, your female post tag lines were all what the woman should do for the man; She captivates YOU, she respects YOU, shares YOUR values, she supports YOU. Now, the values sections have similar meanings, with very different perspectives and verbiage. On your male post the values section was #1 and you said it was for a reason โ€œConnecting on a spiritual and emotional level is just as critical as the physical.โ€ Yet it comes in at #3 on your female post behind the obvious physical beauty #1. There is also no mention of respect in your male post- except for your immature reference to fighting fair- which everyone should do in a marriage or a work place environment or the line at the deli counter. Yet you mention respect in depth in your female post. I love the way you describe respect here! But why is not depicted in a way that exudes mutual respect for both partners? Honestlyโ€ฆ I could go on, but this is enough to simply ask: why are the ways in which we look at what is ideal in a mate not from a mutualistic perspective but instead are transactional in nature? This is supposed to be a lifelong partnership, not car insurance- where you โ€œchoose the one thatโ€™s right for you.โ€ Sharing similar values and having respect for each other are, in my opinion, the bottom line. Yes you need to be attracted to each other on whatever level of detail that means and yes, you should never stop playing, helping and fighting in a healthy way. I recognize your #1 quick rule, but please note, I am not disagreeing with these post- I am highlighting the dichotomy and hypocracy in the way you state men and women are looking for in a mate- and there is a difference. I challenge you to think on a deeper level of what is positive in our world, because these post, donโ€™t cut it.

• Josie says:

I understand the direction you’re coming from, Melissa. I thought it was interesting that the male post expounded on the need to recognize “good enough”; to accept the 8 because a 10 doesn’t exist, yet I did not feel that same message was carried on to this post. I’m not sure whether or not that was intentional. As a woman, it makes me feel a little scared. As though I’m being held to a different standard than my male counterpart within the discussion of being a suitable mate.
      I appreciate that you mention how respect was not as clearly referred to in the male post. As a 23 year old woman, I think that respect is unfortunately dwindling among men of my age group. Chivalry should not be considered a clichรฉ of the past. Mutual respect and the belief that your partner is your equal is necessary to a healthy, lasting relationship.
      I say all of this in love, as I very much appreciate this blog and the gems of happiness and inspiration that it brings to my everyday life.

• melissa says:

I think that women may tend to focus more on finding that perfect guy, “the one”. It’s everywhere, since we were young, the idea of finding our prince charming. Hearing that in the post for women, it was something I personally needed to hear. I think for men, it’s not so much on finding the perfect one, but more on the physical. Just as we women, are constantly bombarded with the idea of finding mr. perfect, men are surrounded by these ideas of what a woman should look like. Look at beer commercials, showing women in bikinis and what not. I think that was kind of what he was trying to do. And as the respect thing, if the guy has no respect, then he won’t really take this post seriously. The respect thing should be on the women post, since it’s really up to us if we want to be with someone who isn’t very respectful. I think, it’s a good post, for a man. And since yes, in a sense women are held to different standards, and always have been. I don’t think he was trying to push that idea here, it’s just hard to give advice against the norm, or advice to a guy who has always lived in the norm. I mean, I hear what you’re saying, but a post for men shouldn’t be tailored to what women think. You know? I hope this makes sense, I’m getting a little confused now. OK well, that’s all I have to say. Have a good day!

• Melissa says:

Melissa you’re comment about the objectification of women in commercials is interesting. I’ve heard a great deal about the issues this cultural trend can play on women, but much less about comparing it to the idealistic nature that women place on men for “mr. right.” Also, the post has been altered since its first draft to more clearly depict that the audience is men. It wasn’t stated that way before. Thanks!

• Melissa says:

I agree, there was a sense of blame placed on women almost for not being married yet and I agree with your reference to the modern day feelings on chivalry. Though I will say I have met a great deal of respectful men in our generation and in some ways it seems more genuine because it’s not because it’s what society is telling them to do, it is what they feel is right.

Great point Melissa. I adjusted the article to showcase more of what I was going for. Thanks for the feedback. It’s intended to speak to a man, so it may come off a bit odd to a woman. I was trying to find a balance and hope I did… ๐Ÿ™‚

• Monica says:

Dale, you’ve done a great job! I appreciate your insight and perspective. I really don’t understand all the criticism and I commend you for being so kind to the critics. I believe most of us appreciated the article and the ones that didn’t well maybe they have a voice but not the heart. I consider myself educated, I appreciate my human nature, I am a woman, I innately want to nurture, I’m proud of that.

• Melissa says:

As I stated in my critique Monica, I didn’t have issue with what was stated. I agree with almost everything posted on both articles. I disagreed with the manner in which they were portrayed. I think its unfair to assume that I therefore don’t have the heart or acknowledge my natural tendencies.

• Melissa says:

I want to clarify that my last sentence about the positivity in our world was not about the daily positive in general but about these two post specifically. I am huge fan of sevenly and the mission you and your team strive towards. I simply found issue with these articles, which I addressed and you’ve addressed and I appreciate your consideration.

• David says:

I relate to how “respect” can be applied differently for a man and a woman, as touched briefly upon in this article. Respecting each other is definitely necessary, but men and women are not the same and do in reality need (and value) different kinds of respect. I understood the point you were making

2. Kevin says:

Dale, love your posts and what your striving to do here. This post was right on. I believe these 4 points are exactly what some people need to hear and when only scratching the surface on a very intense question, I think you nailed it.

3. Brandee says:

I take issue with anyone labeling someones ‘worth’ whether male or female. I am truly disappointed in this post. Placing a value on whether a human being is or is not good enough is NOT something I would ever dream of reading from Dale Partridge let alone take in for one second of consideration.

Brandee thanks for the feedback. My intention was not using the word “worth” in a derogatory manner. I hope you understand that. Thanks for the support ๐Ÿ™‚

4. JustSaying says:

Good article, practical advice. The only thing I noticed is the dichotomy of “married” or “single”. Just because you have no desire to get married, does not mean you want to be single. I’m in a great, loving relationship and am perfectly happy not being married. It’s a piece of paper and an outdated ritual. Maybe simply “4 Signs He’s/She’s Worth It”. The world is not black and white.

• Eric Lopez says:

Surely marriage is only an outdated ritual to those who have a difficult time ascribing great value to their partner, desirous to play the field if they see a rough patch later, or decide it’s best to stay “open” to the possibility someone with a better situation may come along, eventually. All examples of cases which signify opposites of love.

I wonder if there is any more direct route to dishonor and disrespect from your female partner, putting your relationship on shakiest of ground, than to consistently esteem her so lightly? Contentious-City, your one-way ticket is stamped.

Those who face life together in unified faith and purpose, and recognize that love can overcome all odds will continue to be thankful for marriage, and the love and support they find in the relationships involved in it.

• HeyNow says:

I don’t think “JustSaying” meant to offend, the uselessness of marriage is their opinion. You can be faithful in another person and support them and not be married. Marriage doesn’t necessarily mean you aren’t already on shaky ground. If you are with the right person,and neither of you wants to be married, then you can still maintain a wonderful relationship. Not being married, doesn’t mean your relationship is “open”. That’s not the same thing. Also, I’d like to point out, that some people are capable of having open relationships that are healthy as well ~shrugs~. When both people in the main part of the relationship share the same general beliefs and values there are many possible relationship types this article could fit.

• Cupcake427 says:

I completely agree with you stating it is just a piece of paper. I was married before and wish I had that mindset then because it truly was not a marriage. My bf and I were reunited after 27 yrs (he went into the Marines after graduating hs). He and I always had complete respect and love for each other and we adore each other & encourage one another. We have been together for four years and my love for him grows more and more each day.

5. PW says:

As a woman, I love this! I feel the things in your post are what my husband values about me the most. Likewise, I feel the same about him. We have been married almost 8 years. P)

6. CarsonSays says:

I love the advice but when I first read the article title, I was kind of offended. It implies that if you aren’t these things, then you’re not worthy. I think you should use a different word than the word “worthy”, because women have enough trouble with people telling them where their worth lies.

• Poppy says:

No intention to offend here but, if I expect a man to put a ring on my finger, make a solemn promise in front of God, his family and mine then that means I AM WORTHY to be called his wife. Valuea, esteem, respect and honour, are all about worth in my eyes. Please don’t regard that word negatively.

7. INTL says:

Why are women jumping all over the author?

He clearly gave the disclaimer that the article is intended for other men.

Instead of jumping over him, just observe and hear him out. Fairly simple.

• Melissa says:

there were revisions made to the post that more clearly defined the audience than when the previous critiques were made.

8. Laura says:

Love the revised version, Dale. Thanks for the edits. I think it more accurately explains what you were going for here!

9. Arin Thomas says:

I am in a courtship and I believe this is a great article! I am trying to learn how to become a better woman of God for God, myself, others and including my hopeful future spouse. I think this is a wonderful article and it has helped me. I sent this to my boyfriend and he said that he sees these things in me ;). Not a lot but I am still working on it. Thank you for writing this!!

10. sd says:

I think this applies as much to a woman looking for a husband, as a man looking for a wife. Ladies do you want a man who thinks of you in this positive way? I do! Or what would you prefer? So why should his standards be different. This is a great “overview” of some broad issues that people may tend to overlook. I believe #3 and #4 are very important. My husband is in the military, and I can tell you this household would fall apart if i didn’t support him by restarting my life in a new place every few years, being away from my family and friends is not easy. I’m understanding, and patient with him and everything his life demands of us. (And no i am not a stay at home mom, I work just like anyone else). As for #4. All women know men are visual, GET OVER IT! He’s not saying every guy likes the stick thin blonde model. He’s saying it doesn’t matter what you look like, if your man likes your features and the way you look and present yourself, then you are good to go!
    Getting caught up in the word “WORTH” is silly, if you aren’t these things to him, then why would you want to be with him anyway? He deserves a good good girl as much as you deserve a good guy. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Mastersamus says:

I think something else that’s very important is that she loves God more than she loves you. This should go for the man too.

• Psychologist says:

Nice article)) as for God (though I do believe), I find this point not to be common for everyone in their partner as people have different believes and some simply do not believe in God therefor would probably be better of with someone atheistic as well or at least not religious…. Sorry, I don’t want to offend you, I just want to say that unlike things in the article this is not a common point for everyone. I think this would go more under the point of shring believes as if you love God more then her she should do same.
      Best wishes

12. Sam says:

I was with a man who I couldnt respect because he had treated me badly over the years. He doesn’t deserve my respect and I found I was such a monster with him, especially when we argued. I had to walk out of that toxic relationship.

13. Lauren says:

How could someone be offended by someone saying that if you do not have respect and support for your partner, you are not worth their time. If you are treating your significant other with disrespect and disinterest, of COURSE you’re not worth their time, as much as they wouldn’t be worth yours had the situation been reversed. If you feel your partner doesn’t deserve that then you shouldn’t be in a relationship with them. The only ones who would be offended by that would be those who are in need of some serious introspection… Being entitled to things that are undeserved is a huge flaw in our society.

• Lauren says:

And I just read into how the article was edited before I read it, so I really have no insight into how that might have offended someone. Though my core point still stands ^

14. V says:

Why does the female version of this value Honesty but this one does not? Is that not something worthwhile to men? -.-

• Annie Burgess says:

I would say that “she shares your values” and “she respects you” cover honesty – she shares the importance you give to honesty, and she respects you enough to always be honest with you.
      Great post ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Joshua Hewett says:

She must love jesus with all her heart and if she deoes than she will do these 4 reason that you have given in your article with joy in her heart. I wouldnt want any less because I totally agree with these reasons that you hagve posted. ๐Ÿ™‚

16. sandra zevor says:

This post is incredible. It is amazing that it is so short but covers so much, not all as the author stated, of what it takes to build the foundation for a marriage.

17. Tia says:

I am really surprised that you left out intelligence. Surely a guy wants his partner to be on a similar intellectual level as well.

• JoonHoKim says:

Often untrue, and often undesired, and time to time makes the man unhappy to be at level. But in theory it should be beneficial.

18. Athaliah Walcott says:

This is a beautiful post, it is so honest and I wish there was more to read on this. Some of your best work yet.

19. Phenix Rising says:

… how about adding that her vagina doesn’t easily fit a 2 liter bottle… no REAL MAN will wife up a natural born hoe.

20. fabi says:

“Can you look at this woman outside of time (because she will change), and say to yourself, โ€œI can wake up every day of my life and believe she is beautiful.โ€ “That was beautiful.

21. HD says:

I think this article is way self centered. As marriage is the institution of midi-vial period . And the love for respect arise for man from his evolutionary growth of the ancient people’s syndrome. The post shows the feeling of the writer not the over all symptom of marriage. It has feeling without depth

I’m not sure how the article is self-centered, or what you mean by “ancient people’s syndrome” but thanks for sharing your thoughts

• EM says:

Actually, if you read the article prior to this one go women finding “him,” you will see that it is not self-centered at all. You can’t take things out of context by only examining half of the points made! To a girl reader, this article exemplifies what a women would want her husband to value rather than other reasons to desire marriage. It also helps women to examine themselves of these vital values. ๐Ÿ™‚

22. marilene says:

Being a catholic I did not believe in sex before marriage but after marriage found out that we are not compatible but my husband never left to look for another woman and I became tied up in a non physical, non spiritual , non emotional marriage, I feel as though I am living a lie, he hurls insults about my family about me,seems he doesn’t like me.

• Brooklyn says:

If you know this is truly not the man for you, you should think about divorce to find “him”. I’ve been in a similar place but we never married we had a daughter and I stuck around to keep the family together but it became a miserable place and then mentally abusive and draining then depression. We cant walk around knowing there’s love we haven’t even experienced. We thought we knew when we found the guy thats now keeping us down. Which only means that love feels better than what we thought it was. You have to be happy to survive.

I don’t actually agree with you on this one, Brooklyn, and I think this is why the divorce rate is so high. Because we don’t have a “til death do us part, no matter what” commitment mentality, even though we say those vows on our wedding day. Our culture is too saturated to do what “feels good” and if it doesn’t work out then you can say you tried? I just don’t agree with that. I believe marriage is sacred and takes hard work sometimes. The “in love” feeling will subside and what is left will be sacrifice and commitment and learning how to grow and change with each other. There’s no way to be happy in any relationship, 100% of the time. I understand there are abusive and adulterous situations, but I do not believe in divorce outside of those reasons.

• viv says:

I’ve been on a relationship for 9 years(on November) and we have 2 children… we are not married. But I treat him as such… but he, on the other hand does not. Cheating and lying and all that NUMEROUS times… this is my 2nd failed attempt at a long relationship and idk what to do anymore. Everything is different and he just seems to get further further from the love we once shared. He is in and out of love. What should I do HERE?

• lee says:

Your first mistake was living with him without bring married. Marriage is more than what makes you feel good you treat your spouse the way you would like to be treated and if there is a problem you talk about it. You talk to your spouse about your problems not your friends. And it doesn’t matter how long you have been married you will have problems you just have to work through them marriage is a job that you have to work at every day but is worth it, I have been married for 52 years and he is just as cute to me today as when we married, he was at 19 and my 17 I love him very much. Learn to love and respect your self and think about him and what he needs.And make God a part of your marriage.

• v says:

What if only one person is giving 100%. Has been for years and the other just got used to taking? Not growing together, no communication and losing the trust. Want to live different lifestyles.
          What if the respect is gone

• James says:

She mentioned abuse. Are you really suggesting someone stay in an abusive relationship? It’s very hard for me to hear you speak of divorce in our society as though every situation is the same. I agree with you that relationships take work and not every moment is going to play out like a fairy tale. That said, many women and men find themselves in relationships that are no longer healthy, safe or fulfilling for themselves and their children. Don’t be so quick to judge, everyone’s story is different and thus you cannot perceive their personal struggle. No one should feel obligated to stay in an abusive, unloving, unhealthy relationship for any reason what so ever.

Hi Marilene, Thanks so much for sharing your story! I have to say that I don’t really believe in “incompatibility”. No person is born knowing how to have sex; we all learn. And sometimes it takes a lot of communication about your likes and dislikes, wants, needs, desires and even fantasies. Marriage takes work and it sounds like you need to seek counseling. And please know there is nothing wrong with counseling. It is extremely brave and only good things come out of it. Don’t give up!

23. christverb says:

So after this really poisonous relationship, I am back out there dating again because I am way too stubborn to give up. I had this emphiany sort of while I was with this new guy, looking at the differences between him and the previous flame. Thinking what can I do differently here, so I don’t continue to make the same mistakes. I started thinking about going to the gym, a few less swears during the day, more water less wine. Trying to think of how I could be different or something. What I realized was I really did all of those things before to please this previous guy and nothing changed.. What I wasn’t to him though and this might not have relevance haha, but I wasn’t his friend. I mean sexually yes, but not a friendship. I think that is so important because, if we had this friendship I wouldn’t have to think about changing to please him because I already am by just being me. He would be able to say “No wine tonight ? Are you sick ?” Because he knows I’m a borderline alcoholic and he’s okay with that.

Ok rant over thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh and the article was very good too !!

• Sueb673 says:

I was in you shoes as well. My relationship was toxic. I was depressed, had no self confidence and I gained a lot of weight. Even though out separation was mutual it took me over 3 years to start building myself back up again. Then I reconnected with a man from my past and we hit it off and started dating (long distance). I talked about a future together and he said all the right things, which all came out to be lies. I put myself out there and showed gave him my heart. I now know what I am worth and will not settle for less again! Good luck!

24. Sunshine says:

All the signs go well even for women when they want a right man. Even including your “captivating point”. Its just a biased opinion that men wants beautiful women but they forget even women want handsome men. Women are as visual as men. No difference. It just that male ego crashes to accept this even women has certain expectations.

25. TI says:

What beautiful points you have mentioned. I hope God will provide me with a man who brings out the best in me – so I can be the best for him. I can’t wait to spoil, serve and love him.

26. Nikki George says:

I wonder if a few of these commenters missed the “quick rules” at the top?
    When I first got married, I struggled with the teachings of the church that a woman was to be “submissive” to her husband. I finally dove into Scripture and studied for myself what the Bible requires for a marriage and was blown away by how much the teaching had been distorted. I love your descriptions of respect and serving out of love. My husband and I had a few serious discussions about what made him feel respected or disrespected, because there were many incidents that I was clueless about.

27. Sara Rogers says:

Excellent article, friend. I met my soulmate earlier this year, and all four are quite accurate. Very good stuff ๐Ÿ™‚ —Sara

28. Rethabile Matete says:

That she has deep respect (which encompasses adoration and speaking highly of him) are of vital importance. Well done

29. Cristal Marie Allen says:

Good Stuff! This actually helped me to understand my role as a companion. My mom and dad were separated before I was born and though they were both good parents, I never leaned how to be in a relationship from them. My mom has always been this independent woman ( I don’t need a man), almost feminist type. Her relationships were always one sided and she wore the pants and in all of them (no submissive bone in her body). LOL! Actually, my dad is the same way. If a relationship is not conducive for him – he’s out! So, I have taken on this, It’s “my way or the high-way” attitude when comes to relationships and not really knowing how to give of myself and always thinking about what I can get. My attitude is actually my Achilles heel – it has saved me from bad relationships, but also held me back from good ones! So thank you for this article @dalejpartridge:disqus!!

30. Anthony C says:

Hi Dale
    Well put, simple uncomplicated truth.
    Gods opened my eyes to these exact things this year.
    I was mind blown by a statement one of the leaders at ou student group said.
    “If your keen on someone, take a look at how they serve the church& others, it’ll give you some insight into their habits and heart. ”
    Andy Stanley also helped me realize, it’s not about finding the perfect women, but rather – ” be the person your looking for, is looking for”

I can’t desire a caring, loving, respectful,& serving women, if I’m not willing to be those things to.

Also to those struggling.
    Don’t underestimate the power of prayer.

another quality I’d like to add is – prudence.
    The bible says “a prudent wife is from the lord”
    I always thought prudence was associated with boring and careful.
    Now I realize it means trustworthy, wise, prepared, and supportive.

• Cassandra Santos says:

I love those videos by Andy Stanley “The new rules for love, sex, and dating”. Such an eye opener

31. Bill Brown says:

You guys sure have a lot of faith! In God, and women too! Good luck to each and every one of you! (You’re going to need it…)

32. Liz says:

Quite unsettling that men tend to leave intelligence out of their list of wants in a wife.. It often makes women feel like men DON’T think women CAN be intelligent. Just something I would like all men to think about. You may not realize it, but women want to be loved for their smarts, not their looks. Although it doesn’t hurt being loved for our looks too, if that is the only reason it seems so fake and completely un-meaningful to us women. At least to me, anyway. Other than that I love this list.

• Amber says:

Agree. It has to do with feeling significant. But I think this article focuses on what the man gets out of it and where he needs to start.

• Citizen Thom says:

And men want to be loved for their character, not their ability to provide, such is life. That said, a woman sharing a man’s values is equivalent to her being intelligent in his eyes… you’re smart enough to see that, right?

• "M" says:

That’s not necessarily a “good point”.

If the man is an evil, conscienceless manipulator (and studies have shown that there are more than a few men at the Fortune 100 and 500 EVP level who are those things), and the woman “shares his values” — does that make them both “intelligent’ by definition?

Of course the man may consider her to be such, since she’s just mimicking what he thinks. But is she really? Is he?

• Olivia says:

Not everyone is educated enough to want a particularly intelligent partner. Also, a woman’s mind is a key player in turning lust into captivation. You can only stare at a picture for so long without wanting to know more or become bored.

• Gi says:

Intelligence isn’t on here because the qualities he lists aren’t a bunch of character traits. Relationships are about giving. The more someone gives, the more the partner wants to give to them. This creates and environment of love and a strong desire to please each other. Nothing can be better than two people who just want to make each other happy. Hence this list is about the qualities in a woman that bring out the best in a man and make him want to give more to her.

33. Fabe says:

I like lists like this at times but I think it shouldn’t just be what men can get out of it, it should be where the relationship points. Because in all honesty if God is at the center that’s all that matters. The rest can be worked out. Because it will never be “perfect” and there will never not be “baggage”. But if the core desire of the relationship is to love like God loves on both sides it will work.

34. Bebe says:

How Come this Article about Women,you write talks about Men Needing to Love are Looks as we change.But the Article you wrote on Men didn’t have about Looks?Hmmm Maybe cuz a man wrote it! Marriage is About Alot More than just looks Bud!

• Gi says:

Yea marriage is about more than just looks, which is why he discussed 3 other qualities. Looks are important though. A man should always think that his wife is beautiful and I don’t mean in a stereotypical kind of way. If a man doesn’t think that his wife is the most beautiful woman then both of you are going to be missing out on a lot that you should have. My husband makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world and that no one else could possibly think higher of me. I absolutely love the way he looks at me. That’s important to me and if he wasn’t attracted to my looks then I’d always feel like something was missing. Perhaps you don’t get that vibe from whom ever your with and so you don’t know what your missing.

35. Julie says:

We’re all different but many people should marry who they are in love with because God is love. Love isn’t just the stuff of fairytales as some people claim- they may believe this but don’t listen. Surprisingly many Christian marriage sites kind of ignore it even though love is real.

36. Lindsay says:

I agree with a lot of the points made in the article. I would also say that integrity is a key principle that should be present no matter what the other values.