We fight, spend money, and dedicate insane amounts of time trying to define our purpose. Now, “purpose” is a big word… but what if I could offer you a massive shortcut in your search for it?

When I think of the mass number of orphans in our world, it breaks my heart. To grow up without a family might be one of the greatest emotional tragedies a child can experience. But the story below is different. This is a story of purpose. A scene of rare love I wish more of us had.

By 1:30 you’ll be thinking, “Dang… I don’t know if I could do that.” At 2:18 a profound statement of wisdom will make you rethink everything. At 4:40 you realize how blessed you are. By 5:15 you are smiling and so happy you watched this clip.

Personally, this story cuts deep for my wife and I. We have plans to create a similar family – to adopt children from all across the world. We believe through adoption our lives will overflow with purpose.

How do you feel about adoption? Would you consider adopting a child? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Dale Partridge

Some know me as a serial entrepreneur and Founder of Sevenly and StartupCamp, others know me as the guy who can ride a unicycle and still kickflip on a skateboard. I’m on a mission to inspire people. Will you join me?

New in The Daily Positive Shop

12 thoughts on “We All Want Purpose. But Could You Do This?

1. ronell1984 says:

This is just gorgeous! God gave me a vision of this kind of family a few yeas back and I pray to have a family full of adopted children one day in the not too distant future much more than I pray for a family full of ‘natural’ children. Thanks for sharing Dale! ♥

2. Michael Warden says:

This absolutely ruined me. So beautiful. Everything the gospel really is, is here. Thanks for sharing this, Dale.

3. Marlene says:

I have always dreamed of this ! It reminds me of Josephine Baker’s “rainbow tribe.” Adopting children is a wonderful experience for the child who is placed in a loving home.

4. John says:

We have two from Poland and two from our own efforts . . . . . All four are now teens and in High School. If you are a parent, you know how the Word comes alive through that metaphor. Being an adoptive parent is another opportunity to feel the Father in a way you never expected. Complete joy, total disappointment, dread, assured expectancy, rejection, acceptance. All these facets and more are part of the adoption experience for us. It is life on the ragged edge of surrender, obedience, and fulfillment. An experience that is fully alive and fully necessary. A blessing, a calling, a life worth living!!!!!

5. abby says:

I don’t know how I stumbled upon this article tonight but it’s interesting timing since my husband and I are in the waiting-stage of adoption right now. I’ve seen this video and it is so so beautiful, challenging and encouraging. We have been waiting for what feels like a very long time and we’re starting to feel the frustration that so many adoptive parents talk about…with all the orphaned and children all over the world needing families, why does it take so long? Why have we waited over a year when we’re “ready”? I’m a big advocate for adoption and I believe it’s so true to God’s heart… but I’m also in the thick of it- feeling discouraged…wishing that the systems were easier to navigate and that the world’s systems were on the side of orphans and families being united.

6. .Miguel Boutureira. says:

Oh dear,,, By minute 1:30 I was crying a little bit… By the end of the video, I was a weeping mess… Truly beautiful…

7. Deborah Chambers says:

Such a beautiful story. This story of adoption displays that love and commitment to people isn’t just limited to blood lines that are natural but bloodlines that are created. As a woman who was unsure she could bear children but has a fiery love to nurture and develop children I have considered adoption. When I was fourteen I remember telling people that I wanted to adopt a child from every country with special needs. I love missions, I love culture, I love diversity, and I love seeing beauty from ashes. This is a beauty from ashes story that definitely unites worlds and differences.

8. Mary Gor says:

Definitely I would adopt in the future. That is one of the most important things I am looking for in a spouse-a willingness to adopt kids from everywhere and anywhere to help.

9. Naomi Coy says:

My husband and I think that every Christ follower should adopt. Jesus says to care for the orphans and the widows. The tricky part of adoption is the cost… we have 4 children already and finances are extremely tight. So that makes it hard. But we are trusting that God will provide!