You logically know what's good for you. That's no mystery. But what might be unclear is how to get motivated to DO what's good for you!
Most of us know, and even tell ourselves, what's good for us and what's going to help us achieve our goals and live our best life. But then find ourselves doing the opposite.
We so crazy!!
What's up with that?
Why would we seemingly avoid happiness and success, and sabotage ourselves to stay stuck?
Why would we resist the very thing that is so obviously going to be the right action we need to take?
Avoiding What's Good for You? Struggling to Get Motivated?
Let's start by identifying if you are in fact avoiding what's good for you.
A quick test to know for SURE that you're in resistance and not acting on your own intelligence, is that you find yourself saying “should” and “shouldn't”. For example…
- I should eat that but…
- I shouldn't eat this but…
- I should do that but…
- I shouldn't do this but…
- I should be XYZ but…
- I shouldn't be so XYZ but…
- I should make this happen but…
- I shouldn't be wasting my time on this but…
If we know what's good for us, and therefore what will lead us to achieve our goals in health, fitness, nutrition, weight, career, business, finances, relationships, lifestyle… WHY DON'T WE JUST DO IT?
A Key Reason You Don't Do What's Good for You
I'm about to share one BIG reason why so many people don't do what's good for them and instead do the exact opposite… which is NOT good for them.
Once you understand this, you'll possess a “lever” that you can “pull” within yourself to get motivated for anything important you want to achieve, any time.
How to Get Motivated to Do What's Good for You
5 Keys to Motivate Yourself to Do What's Good for You
- Knowing you're worth it! You deserve whatever amazing result exists on the other side of your action.
- Knowing no one is coming to save you and no one is going to do it for you. You have everything you need inside you right now to get motivated, in action and LOVING your life.
- Knowing that avoiding what is good for you only creates long term pain. The greatest gift you can give yourself is to get REAL with yourself.
- Knowing that any short term pain involved in doing what's good for you is going to create x100 payback in awesome long term gain.
- Knowing life is short and you have to choose to get busy living or get busy dying.
Related Resources for How to Get Motivated
- 5 Steps for Lighting a Fire Within & Getting Motivated!
- Using Mortality to Motivate Yourself
- How to Follow Through on Any Goal
- Free Guide: 6 Keys to Nailing Your Goals
- 40 Affirmation, Meditation & Visualization Audios to Create Powerful Mindset
Bernadette Logue (known to everyone as “B”) is the Leader of The Daily Positive, a Transformation Life Coach and the author of 3 personal growth books – guiding you on how to master your mind, to live consciously and soul-aligned. To receive regular coaching resources and support, join B in EvolveHQ, The Daily Positive’s private personal growth membership and community. To find out more about B click here.