If you hear the wake up call within yourself (a whisper of your inner voice, or a ROAR for that matter!), will you pay attention? And if so, how will you respond?

Too often I’ve noticed that people do recognize that stirring of their soul, the call for change, the desire (or the urgent need) to evolve, but… then ignore it, over-analyze it, or think they need to wait until they “figure it all out”.

In this video I’m encouraging you to respond courageously to that wake up call within – without worrying about what it might mean, what might happen next, how to move forward, or what the inner call even is! Consider that it’s possible you could wholeheartedly acknowledge the call within, and start stepping forward, without having all the answers…

With love, Bernadette

Related Resources

Bernadette Logue (known to everyone as “B”) is the Leader of The Daily Positive, a Transformation Life Coach and the author of 3 personal growth books – guiding you on how to master your mind, to live consciously and soul-aligned. To receive regular coaching resources and support, join B in EvolveHQ, The Daily Positive’s private personal growth membership and community. To find out more about B click here.

New in The Daily Positive Shop

9 thoughts on “Hearing the Wake Up Call Within

1. cheryl says:

I have heard a wake up call for years regarding my mom and my sister and I’ve always ignored it. When I was younger I was mistreated by both of them physically and mentally and always thought it was me like I was seeing it wrong. Years after I left home got married had my daughter my sisters son would tell my daughter he wished she wasn’t born( The same words my sister told me often even as adults). To this day I am still dealing with my sister hurting me with words and going behind my back to prevent a job offer I had. She turns mom against me always with fights lies etc. I almost died last year and they came once. I wanted to walk away many times but either I needed mom’s help watching my daughter or financial help to keep a roof over our heads. I know my sister wants me out of the picture so she gets all the inheritance at this point and after all she’s done to me and my kid I’m trying to stay in the messed up family till my parents pass my dad’s 83 mom’s 80. Yet reading this and hearing you I know I’ve been getting that wake up call to finally say how I feel to them for all they have done to me and my daughter and just walk away but I always end up questioning myself if it’s the right thing to do at this time in their lives? I csn care less ever talking to my sister again but I know mom will give me a fight and stop talking to me. I want to listen to my wake up call but how without possibly losing my home etc?

• Bernadette Logue says:

Hi Cheryl, there are a few things that occurred to me that might be useful to share with you in response to this message.
      Firstly, thank you for your honest sharing, sometimes just being able to honestly say what is going on and how hard it is, is the most important first step, the acknowledgement of it all.
      Next, only you will know what is right for you in terms of what you do, say, share and when – the only point I would raise is that sometimes the inner wake up call is for our own personal resolution/shift, and doesn’t always have to be about conveying that to others, but again you will know if you it is deeply important to share with them how you feel.
      For example – we may know we do not like a relationship, so we can choose inside our own mind/heart to detach ourselves from the person or people, to mentally/emotionally resolve not to participate or buy in anymore, to allow ourselves permission to lay that relationship to rest, or to see it simply as the season-type or reason-type of relationship (the “season, reason or lifetime” saying). Even though we have blood family members, many people struggle with understanding the place of difficult family members in their life, people they would not want to be around if they were not related, and how to resolve that disconnect. Even with family, certain souls may be in our lives for a season, reason or lifetime, perhaps to help us learn something important for our own growth and healing (as a soul). So – if you are at a point where you know that you want to move on and away from certain family members and not have them in your daily life experience anymore and that inner calling is telling you so, notice that you may a) take that decision and now align your daily life to that and/or b) also convey that to them directly.
      Next, I can hear in your message that there is a lot of hurt you are holding about the relationships, interactions, behaviors, past experiences. When we go to communicate with another person or people about how we feel (in your case telling them how you feel for all they did to you and your daughter), you want to get really clear on what you want to achieve from the communication, how you want to feel, what you want to resolve/heal etc so that you can own your inner power in whatever way you move forward. I have a video free here on my website which talks about how to communicate when you are hurt, frustrated or angry at someone, it has 5 tips to understand about talking to others when in a strong emotional state and also 5 steps to help you prepare for any communication should you choose to talk to them (so that you set yourself up for the outcome you want). Here is the link for easy reference below. Perhaps not all points will be relevant to your situation, but overall the content I think will be useful for you.

One of the best things I have ever learnt about communication in such a difficult situation is that while you can be angry at another person for what they have done, you don’t have to communicate in an angry way. Or if you feel deeply hurt and aggrieved, you don’t have to communicate in a hurt way or hurtful way. We can feel our emotions and know the intensity of all that has gone on, but find a still place of awareness within ourselves and from there speak a message with much more inner power and clarity.

As to what the consequences may be for you logistically if you communicate honestly with these people in your life, only you will know what is best for you to do, when and how to manage whatever comes from it. No matter what you decide, if you go into a conversation being centred in your heart, not centred in your hurt, then you will be allowing yourself an opportunity to heal through the sharing. Also, entering the conversation with the intent to help them understand you and to heal/mend any wounds of the past, will provide a much more powerful platform than entering the conversation with the intent to tell them how bad they are or how wrong they were etc They may have been bad or wrong in the eyes of how you were treated, but we all know what happens when we communicate with that energy and intent… people flare up in anger or shut down, and we end up more deeply in hurt on both sides.

I think the above video may help. Either way, before any action, take 10 minutes eyes closed and tune into the deepest part of yourself, not the hurt part, but the intuitive knowing of what you most need which lies below. We are all having a journey to learn, to grow and to heal.

With love and blessings to you
      B

2. Essence says:

I’ve felt that void for something more for years. I never knew what it meant I just figured whatever I needed to do to fill it would come to me. But when I got those little nudges to take action I ignored them because they didn’t fit my plans. A few months ago I was forced to “let go” of a long term relationship that should’ve ended years ago & it has been so emotionally painful yet so beautiful b/c I’ve evolved so much spiritually. I don’t want to bottom out again from not taking heed to my intuition. Thank you so much for this message. So simple “just say yes”

• Bernadette Logue says:

Thanks for sharing this experience you had Essence. So many nuggets of wisdom in that, a great reflection on the message of trusting our intuition and seeing the bigger picture of our life even during difficult times of change or letting go. Warmest wishes to you! B 🙂

3. L says:

Im in a transition after 4 years of addiction and a history in disorded eating..im currently writing this from a bed in rehab as im removing myself from maintenance medication. I have a strong urge to tap into my potential and discover my purpose..Im doing mindfulness meditation every morning, trying to go for walks or runs most days and be around nature as much as possible..Im 25 and feel like im on the verge of a breakthrough, but there is still a part that feels disconnected and afraid of the uncertainty even after coming so far. I want to embrace love and healthy energy back into my life..along with a deep sense of self love contrary to past sabotage.

How would you deal with that inch that stops you?

4. Sue F says:

Hello B, mine started out as a whisper many years ago and ended up roaring in my ears until I finally did something about it. At the end of the day this is my life and I realised I can give myself permission to live it how I please. I can be friends with whomever I want, and also not be friends with people who don’t build me up or respect me. The journey has not been an easy one and it involved my family of origin. I have no contact with some and low contact with others. The upside is that there is no drama in my life anymore. I have a lovely bunch of friends and there is no hidden agenda with them. But I also have learned a lot about myself as well. I have learned that it’s ok to set boundaries, it’s ok to say no, it’s ok to speak up. I matter, my feelings matter, what I say matters.

5. P says:

This is a nice video. I’ve been on the situation, actually. But still haven’t figured out what I should say yes to. For a long time, I’ve been lost looking for answers to questions I don’t really know. I was very confused. And recently I realized it was God missing. I said yes to that. I have commited my life to Him. But I’m still confused. How do I know what I need to do? I’m buried in debt. Not much income. No one gives me a chance to be employed. I don’t lose hope. I get doubtful. But I’m still faithful. I guess I’m just tired of waiting for His plan. I’m trying to act – but I don’t know if they are right. How do I know what I’m supposed to do?

• Bernadette Logue says:

Hey, I hear you. My instinct in response to your message is to let go at the moment of trying to figure out what your Higher Power might have as a plan for you, and to let go of the idea that the plan might be a specific job or career path or income source. And instead start to listen to – what your values are, what you are inspired by, what you feel is worth attention, energy and your time in this world, what you would like to help with, who you would like to help, how you could be of service, what your curiosities and passions are, and what your intuition might have told you recently or in the past. Listen within. Of course passions, inspirations, intuition are all ways that divinity/our souls/our connection to a higher power are all communicated through us anyway, so in essence it’s the same thing. But keeping it simple, and asking small simple questions, and taking little actions without expectations is often the best way to get unstuck. I hope that helps as an initial starting point. Sending love and best wishes, Bernadette