If you want to know how to go with the flow, detaching and allowing things to unfold in your life, I've got a really powerful tip for you.

I've been practicing this in my own life, and it's made a massive difference.

It's particularly useful where you're attached to something you can't control that involves OTHER PEOPLE.

I'm really interested to hear what you think, and to see what happens when you practice it too!

So in this vid, I'm giving you my 3 steps for “detach and flow” that you can use in any situation, for example when:

• You can't control something that's happening or that you want to happen (situation, person, challenge or goal outcome)
  • There's uncertainty ahead and you're feeling anxious
  • There's a conflict of some type with a person or people, and you're trying to navigate to a peaceful outcome
  • You're trying to achieve a goal (with many variables and uncertainty) and you're feeling really attached to the outcome in an unhealthy way!

3 Steps for Detaching & Going with the Flow

Related Resources for How to Go with the Flow

15 thoughts on “How to Detach & Go with the Flow

1. Juul says:

I’ve got all your books and audio’s, I really really love them and they help me a lot. Thank you Bernadette ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Katarzyna says:

Hi B
    Thank you for another simple and powerful advice. I have been thinking of dealing with events and circumstances I cannot change, prevent or control for some time and you gave me the right solution at the right time. It is perhaps another milestone in my life. This simple sentence itself has great power – should be placed on great billborads all over the world ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Jennifer Peiler says:

Thank you for that guidance on dealing with not being able to control an outcome. It was certainly serendipitous that this landed in my email just at this moment, as I’m at an impasse with my teenage son about respecting me and my wishes. I do wish for the best outcome. Thanks for reminding me and giving me a tool to be able to hold onto that goal.

4. Suzanne T Fabick says:

Thank you again B for your authentic and practical advice on surrendering our concerns. May the highest good be done for all will be my new mantra!!! Thanks be to God:)
    Much Love,
    Suzanne

5. Margaret says:

Hello Bernadette and thank you for this video! Perfect timing as always! As I was watching, I realized that it feels as though Iโ€™ve waited too long to approach the people involved in a particular situation so Iโ€™m concerned that what Iโ€™d probably communicate is my anger and annoyance regardless of the words I say! Iโ€™ve already spoken to those involved and it didnโ€™t change the outcome. So perhaps I should just skip step two and try step three?!

• Bernadette Logue says:

Hey Margaret, with communicating a past upset, yes if there is an outcome you want from the communication in a positive way in terms of making a difference in the relationship, changing a result, shifting everyone toward a more positive future, creating closure etc then by all means communicate. That said, wait until such time as you can be calm. You’re allowed to express you’re angry and frustrated by all means, but we can say we are without firing the emotion at the other people. The latter only creates defense/attack dynamics which never works. So, sit with the question, “What do I need to say, and WHY do I need to say it, and WHAT result am I seeking here?”, Then get yourself into a calm state before communicating it. Or, maybe it’s something you need to resolve and make peace with inside yourself, and to instead move forward having made that peace and surrendering the issue? Much love! B

6. ROBIN says:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    For the past 2 years I’ve been trying to collect documents needed in order to return to Germany, after living in NY for 24 years. Finally everything was completed and approved. You’d think I would rejoice, yet it floored me to the point that for over 1 week I could not make one decision toward the goal, develop a strategy, or calm my mind. All I saw were hurdles and potential problems.
    Now I came across this in my email. You cannot imagine how much impact your guidance will help me through this process. I wrote everything down and will apply this with every step that challenges me. I am eternally grateful to you for sharing wisdom.
    Namaste

7. Gerry Cornell says:

Oh my goodness…this could not have come across my computer at a more opportune time! This message is just what a needed to hear tonight and a greatly appreciate it!