In recent studies, negativity is shown to form the same functional properties as addiction. Research shows these Negaholics are driven mainly by the inability to lower or release stress.
Excessive stress creates a sensation of overwhelm. When people become overwhelmed it can ignites what is called the “Hole in the Soul” syndrome where people think, behave, and believe they are insufficient to meet the standard demands of life.
“A negative mind will never get you a positive life.”
As their stress escalates, these feelings of inadequacy begin to expand while their positivity begins to shrink. If you struggle with negativity, I have listed 5 ways anyone can fight off negativity and steal back their life.
5 Ways to Fight Negativity & Steal Back Your Life:
- Take control of your brain: Your mind is powerful. You choose positive or negative. It's time to shift.
- Stop Watching the News: Today's media is 95% negative, get away from it.
- Write a list of everything you're thankful for: No matter how big or small
- Stop using negative words: Replace can't with can, won't with will, no with yes, tired with excited, and frustrated with understanding
- Have fun every day: Plan one thing per day that's fun. Go to a restaurant, grab a beer, go to the movies, go to the gym, or take a hike. But do something you love each day. You deserve it.
Have you struggled with negativity? What has helped you fight back? Let me know in the comments below.
Some know me as a serial entrepreneur and Founder of Sevenly and StartupCamp, others know me as the guy who can ride a unicycle and still kickflip on a skateboard. I’m on a mission to inspire people. Will you join me?