After having a daughter earlier this year, I've found myself hesitant to watch videos of kids who were born sick or been diagnosed with disease.

The reality that these tragedies are possible make me feel vulnerable. Like many others, I find myself praying to avoid these misfortunes. But it's often these exact stories which compel us to the extreme depths of our emotions. It reveals the design of how we were wired to feel. The very fabric that was woven between a parent and child. It's not only rare, it's extraordinary.

Thankfully, this story is a good one. And it's sure to leave you a glimpse of real, raw, and powerful love.

Why does it take tragedy to show people how much we love them? What are you doing in your everyday life to express deep love? Let me know in the comments below.

17 thoughts on “It’s Rare To See Love This Powerful

1. Brittney Rickett says:

You’re so very right, in many cases it takes tragic things in our lives to bring out the love that we have for one another. I experienced this when my husband was diagnosed with a rare cancer. Unfortunately, when the doctor came into our room we didn’t get any good news. It was a stage 4 cancer and he was given 2 years at best. Over the course of the next (almost) 2 years we experienced a wonderful outpouring of love from almost everyone around us, and MANY more we did not even know. We had people all over the world praying and helping to support my husband. The amount of love that was shown to him and our family still blows my mind. Many times throughout that journey I pointed out the fact that we would have never received so much loving support from people if my husband had never been diagnosed with cancer. I kept thinking ‘why can’t we show this kind of love to others on a daily basis?’ Why does it take tragic circumstances to bring it out?? Why don’t we pray for people before they get sick? Why don’t we go out of our way or make a point to tell people how much they mean to us? This has all changed my mode of thinking. I now tell people how much I care for them. I make sure everyone knows I love them. I hug people every chance I get. I pour into others. I think it takes things like this to shake people to their very core. To wake them up. To make them realize that death can be right around the corner for anyone and it makes them realize what they have.

Wow Brittney, that is one powerful story. You are absolutely right. We need to be challenged sometimes to realize people need our love and support more than anything!

2. Grant Sheppard says:

Tragic events remind us what life is really about and what or who really matters! We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our
    gratitude. Its the little things in life that makes it worth living.

3. Jene says:

I lost a 22 year old nephew in March 2014. My nephew was killed. I am at peace with his death because there was nothing unsaid between my nephew and I. I told him often throughout the course of his life that I love him. He reciprocated his love for me by telling me and showing me with the little things he did like Facebook posts etc. I cry for him because I miss seeing him, hugging him and talking to him. I am grateful that I have nothing that I still needed to tell him.

Wow Jene, it is so sad to hear of such a young death, but refreshing to hear you have no regrets! I can’t imagine the peace that must give you.

4. Steve says:

A small yet big way to begin expressing deep love to others that I’m working on…

Smile, say hello, and talk about “them” to everyone you come in contact with even if it is just for a few seconds or minutes. Showing them you’re interested in them, showing them you care. It’s simple, quick, easy and you can do this dozens of times everyday. It’s a start and I think it can lead to the type of love and caring we often see reserved for the tragic moments in life. I like the results I’m seeing so far.

5. JoAnn says:

I subscribe to a lot of “happy” blogs – however, yours truly touches both my heart and my mind in the most positive way that leaves me thinking (and sharing) about your posts throughout the day. Thank you for being you. 🙂

6. Megan says:

Hi Dale. My name is Megan, I’ve been pretty depressed lately and life hasn’t been all that great. My friend passed away 2 weeks ago, and my best friend is in the hospital with pneumonia. I came across your website earlier and I’ve read some of your articles and posts. I have to say it seriously lightened my mood and made me feel a lot better.
    Thank you.

Wow Megan, I can’t tell you how much this made my day. Sorry for the slow response but I am so glad my blog has helped lightened your mood!

• Megan says:

No worries! She is home now and she isn’t on oxygen anymore. Thank God! I’m glad I came across your blog, I will definitely be visiting it more often.

7. Friend says:

Dale really inspired by your work. Great job my friend. I have started a project that helps people in need. I would love to get your input on it. I am a student, broke with not much money. I can’t offer you anything in return really except lots and lots of prayers and super good karma. I have a few questions and will only hopefully take at most 30 minutes of your time. If you are in the mood or bored one day, please feel free to get in touch.
    Thank you.

8. tsholo says:

Dale you are amazing! your words are moving and powerful and inspiring. I always look forward to reading your articles because i get invaluable life lessons from here 🙂 keep doing what you are doing. This is all the way from Botswana, Africa.

9. Brittny Desvarieux says:

This video was so touching! I love receiving these emails. It makes me want to become better, and do more. But not only for myself, but it gives me the desire to connect with other people and help them too. It gives me some kind of joy and hope. Dale, you are amazing, and if you ever question why things happen the way they did, they happened so that you could create this website and help thousands who read this. Nothing happens without reason, it just takes time to find that reason. And it’s a fulfilling feelings when we do discover our purpose in this life and can make a difference in others.