I’m a bit of a softy for old married couples… There’s a captured magic between two people who can maintain a relationship for over 50 years. It’s something we can all learn from.

With my last breath, I’ll exhale my love for you. I hope it’s a cold day, so you can see what you meant to me.

While this clip is from the movie “When Harry Met Sally” these interviews are real. As I watched the video, it’s not just their love which captivates me, but their commitment. As we struggle with our addictions to “busy” and eagerness for “new” let’s remember the most valuable moments in life often come packaged in consistency not variety.

What’s commitment look like to you? Do you think you can pull off 50+ years of marriage? Let me know in the comments below.

Dale Partridge

Some know me as a serial entrepreneur and Founder of Sevenly and StartupCamp, others know me as the guy who can ride a unicycle and still kickflip on a skateboard. I’m on a mission to inspire people. Will you join me?

New in The Daily Positive Shop

9 thoughts on “Ready To Happycry? These Stories From 50 Years of Marriage Will Make Your Day!

1. Sandra says:

Good morning Dale! What a beautiful way to start off the day…filled with love! My husband (Swiss) and I (Canadian) met in Dubai 1994, we were both working there. But even before I met him I knew he was coming. My heart & my mind paved the way to him. I believe that you need to believe in that great love for it to be possible. We met and 19 days later he proposed. This year is our 20th anniversary and I would be lying if I told you it was all fun and easy. We had many difficult times (years!) and both hurt each other so many times but through it all we had the strong conviction that we were meant for each other and that we were worth fighting for. I am so glad that we chose to work when it was needed and remembered to love when needed as well because I am exactly where I want & need to be today. Maybe it’s because of our values, maybe it’s because even though we didn’t like each other very much at times we still loved each other, maybe it’s because of all the “even thoughs” and all of the “because ofs” that we are together, strong and in love. Thank you for sharing this clip, it helped remind me how blessed I am! Have a great day and a truly, happy married life! 🙂 Sandra

• DPL says:

its inspiring…keep posting like dat, to inspire more couples to remain in love and cherish each ader till death will part.

2. Billie Zahurak says:

I am 23 years married to my high school sweetheart. Everyday together is a happy one. I love him with every moment of me. He is my best friend.

3. Paola Serrano says:

What a beautiful stories. This gives hope to the people, i truly believe that everything happens for a reason and every person we meet is for something. God has perfect timing.

Im new in this page and i really love all the articles you share with us. God bless you and your family.

Regards from Dominican Republic.

4. denice says:

My grandpa saw my grandpa when she was 9 and he was 15..it was love at first sight and he waited for her to grow up before he dated her and then married her. My grandpa died when he was 96 and my grandma stayed at his side while he was in the nursing home for 3 years…she is 92 today and I believe she is lost without her “better half”. I have been with my man for 31 years and we are going strong…my grandparents are my inspiration.

5. Ashley says:

My grandparents were married for 55 years, raised three sons and fostered 29 abused children until they could be adopted (over the years not all at once 🙂 ) My grandma died on December 3, 2007. Shortly before she passed, when she was very ill and disease was taking her mind, my grandpa, my dad, and myself were leaving from a visit with her at the hospital when my grandpa turned and said to me, tears welling in his eyes, “We’ve been together for 55 years, I don’t know what to do without her.” A man whom I had never seen shed a tear, a retired military man, hunter, the manliest of men, had tears made of pure heartbreak running down his cheeks. That moment is burned into my brain forever. The love between them was one of a kind, something I feel blessed to have been a product of. My grandpa didn’t have to do without her for long, he followed her home one week later. He passed surrounded by family, on December 10, 2007, ready to reunite with his love.

6. Marie says:

I fell in love with my husband the second I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. Told my mom that evening I had met my husband. She laughed at me. 2 weeks later we were engaged, 4 months later married. We’ve been together 56 wonderful years.

7. Regil says:

I have chosen to be married and be committed to it lifelong. I keep trusting God and making efforts at loving and honoring. It’s been twenty-seven years now. Praise God!