In this article we will focus on being at peace in ANY situation, with proven practical steps you can easily apply.
We're going to cover:
- 6 examples of difficult real life events that demonstrate it IS possible to find peace no matter what.
- 8 proven practices you can use to have more peace within yourself.
- 26 self-guided free resources for releasing pain and enhancing inner peace.
Peace is a Super Power
When you feel peaceful inside, you are more effective, personally and professionally.
You'll notice you have clearer intuition, clearer thinking, easier decision making, better communication, more productivity, plus enhanced wellbeing and happiness.
But there are A LOT of things in life that can disturb your peace.
And it might seem impossible to find peace amid those challenges.
I hear you.
Today I’m going to share with you examples of 6 difficult real life situations that demonstrate it IS DEFINITELY possible to be at peace no matter what.
You just need simple proven practices that are EASY and QUICK to implement when you feel unpeaceful (see below!)
First things first though, it’s worth asking, just to be sure we're on the same page…
Do you want MORE inner peace?
Peace of mind, peace in your body, peace flowing into your relationships, peace during your work day, peace in all areas of your life?
I'm going to give you proven practical methods for stepping into peace right now, no matter how you’re feeling at present, no matter what’s going on in your life.
If you apply what I share with you below, and bring a completely open mind and willing heart to it, you’ll have more peace than when you started.
Ready? Let's go!
A Few Foundation Truths
- Peace is priceless (anyone who has suffered knows the deep value of inner peace) and it's your birthright (you are destined for peace, not pain).
- You don’t have to change life around you, or have control over external factors, in order to have peace within (but from a state of inner peace you can certainly more easily make powerful changes to shape your outer life the way you want it).
- There’s nothing wrong with you if you’re struggling and feel stressed, fearful, anxious, anger, frustrated, lost or any form of non-peace! We often don’t get taught peace strategies growing up, but as adults we're ripe to learn!
- You don’t need anything other than your willingness in order to have more peace.
6 Painful Events that Turned to Peace
Below are 6 real life examples of situations that I’ve personally been through that involved suffering of some kind (e.g stress, strain, fear, anxiety, anger, upset, frustration, confusion, alarm) where I used exactly what I’m going to teach you this month and the steps took me back to inner peace.
- Someone stole money from me.
- Close friend broke trust, which destroyed the relationship.
- Sold my car when moving to another country and as I was about to board the plane the buyer called saying the car was faulty – it wasn’t (!) but PANIC set in nevertheless!
- Beloved treasured 4 legged soul companion passed away.
- A personal project I'd invested a lot of heart, time, energy and resources into unexpectedly and abruptly ended.
- Got blamed for someone else’s bad behavior that had nothing to do with me.
- Oh and an extra example for good measure… #7… world chaos (we all know this one!)
Some of these situations are from many years ago when I was just starting out learning my peace-approach so it sometimes took me days, weeks, months (or longer!) to get fully back into peace. I had no one showing me how, it was just me fumbling my way along trying to find peace!
But as time went on, the more I learned the reliable path to peace, the easier and quicker it happened. It now takes me minutes or hours to shift myself to inner peace if life triggers me (or there are blessed moments… realizing that something difficult is happening and I don’t feel triggered at all).
Moral of the story – with easy steps and a willing heart, you can get super good at this peace thing!
There is no need to drag the burden of past pains or present difficulties with you as you journey into each new day and forward in your life.
What Peace is NOT…
Just to be clear, to have peace does not mean:
- Pretending you're okay about something painful, or condoning something that has hurt or upset you.
- Ignoring the facts of life, turning a blind eye or being in denial.
- Running away from something in order to avoid triggers.
- Doing nothing practical about the facts of your life situation (to create positive changes).
Peace IS methodically helping yourself to find calm in the midst of turmoil, to retain your personal power and all your energy, and to use that for your benefit and a higher good.
8 Ways to Have More Peace
Below we'll go through 8 ways to have more peace.
In some situations I’ve used all 8 of these steps below.
But other times, I’ll only use one step and realize that’s all I need.
You can go “all in” with the 8 steps, or pick/choose, mix and match!
1. Release the Stress (GET CALM)
2. Allow and Accept (STOP FIGHTING AGAINST WHAT IS)
3. Absolute Facts Focus (DROP ANY ADDED INTERPRETATION or ACCIDENTAL STORY)
4. Acknowledge What You Can/Can’t Control (REALITY CHECK)
5. Forgo & Forgive to be Free (BOLD CHOICES TO MAKE)
6. Alternative Accurate Perspectives (CRAFTING A NEW VIEWPOINT)
7. Action Taking (RESPONSIVE LIFE CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE)
8. Avert Pain and Attend to Peace (PROACTIVE SACRED RITUALS)
Above is just an overview to get us started.
Below you'll find a breakdown of notes about each of the 8 steps for your self guided learning, including related free resources to help you apply each step.
This is based on a live class that we held in the community. If you missed that class you can use the notes below in your own time (or you can access the video and audio coaching replay in our EvolveHQ membership >>)
8 Proven Ways to Have More Inner Peace
These 8 steps will help you to relieve:
- the burden of the past
- any pain in the present
- or fear of the future
Take time to pause and reflect on each point, and to journal your reflections.
1. Release the Stress
First we get calm…
- Article – EFT/Tapping
- Audio – 15 Minute Chill Out Meditation for Stress Relief
- Audio – 7 Minute Breathing Meditation for Presence & Calm
2. Allow and Accept
Next, we stop fighting against “what is”…
- Article – 10 Signs You’re Resisting Life & How to Reignite Your Flow
- Article – How to Stop Resisting Life & Leave Pain Behind
- Audio – Affirmations for Letting Go of Resistance
3. Absolute Facts Focus
Now we drop any added meaning, interpretation or “story”.
- Video – Dropping Any Story in Order to Rapidly Breakthrough
- Article – Clearly Separating What is Fact vs Fiction (or “Story”)
4. Acknowledge What You Can/Can’t Control
Then we reality check ourselves!
- Video – 7 Steps to Release Stress & Take Control of What You Can
- Video – Dealing with Things You Can’t Control
5. Forgo & Forgive to be Free
Next we have bold choices to need to make…
- Article – What is Peace Worth to You & the Choices You Make
- Video – Are You Invested in Fear or Faith?
- Video – When, Why & How to Forgive
6. Alternative Accurate Perspectives
Now it's time to craft a new viewpoint.
- Audio – Affirmations for Shifting Your Perspective During Stressful Times
- Video – Using the Mantra “This is Happening & I Choose Peace”
7. Action Taking
Then we consider what actions we may need to take to support our peace.
This is like the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff… things we can do to clean up an already stressy or messy situation.
This might include boundary setting, removing/reducing exposure to certain situations, people or experiences, cleaning up mistakes, communicating issues/needs, or getting into action to realign ourselves and our life with what we most need for our overall wellbeing, peace and happiness.
- How to Stop Putting Things Off & Get Into Action
- How to Have Difficult Conversations
- How to Clean Things Up When We’ve Made a Mess
8. Avert Pain and Attend to Peace
And lastly, we attend to our peace using proactive sacred rituals.
This is like a preventative prescription to help us not end up at the bottom of the cliff in the first place.
This might include things like daily/weekly rituals which we use consistently and repetitively to support balance, calm and feeling grounded in mind, body and soul. E.g. journalling, breathing techniques, meditation, visualization, affirmations, EFT/Tapping, energy healing, time in nature, exercise, spiritual/faith rituals, healing arts, creativity, movement, yoga, stretching, time with loved ones, self expression, music.
- Meditation – Morning Meditation for Higher Perspective & Peace
- Spiritual Rituals – Morning Ritual – A Conversation with the Universe
6 Additional Peace-Enhancing Free Resources
- Video Series – How to Find Inner Peace
- PDF Guide – 12 Steps to Transform Habitual Negative Reactions into Peaceful Responses
- Video – How to Stop Worrying
- Video – How to Get Out of Frustration Fast & Into Peace
- Video – How Spiritual Surrender Can Support You to Have Peace
- Audio – Mantra to Invoke Miracles When You’re Facing a Challenge
Free PDF Guides
- Download the “8 Ways to More Peace” Notes
- Download a PDF Guide of ALL the Above Free Peace Resources