When someone is being belittling, sarcastic or condescending, here are a few tips to help you deal with the situation.
Understand there is one key reason why people behave that way, and use this “go-to” for how you process and respond.
What You Need to Remember When Someone is Belittling
When someone is condescending and tries to belittle you, remember:
- This says everything about their own challenges and nothing at all about you.
- There is nothing little about you.
- Their behavior cannot make you small.
- You are a mighty oak that is firmly rooted in your own self worth and confidence.
- At the same time, resist judging them. Their inner challenges, pain and ego have driven them to that point. We all know what it's like to be lost on our journey. Who are we to judge?
- Resist reacting, and instead set boundaries, step away, retain your personal power.