We all want to feel free, right?
We want freedom inside of ourselves – to have peace, to feel expansive and limitless.
We want freedom in our outer lives – to have time, resources and choices.
Freedom is something we all want, and we all agree is important.
There is no person on this planet who would say, “Nope, I don't want to feel free.”
Yet, how many people truly do feel free and live free?
If you don't currently feel free and live free, what's blocking you?
Perhaps you're going through something similar to what I went through…
The CHOICE to Create Freedom
To feel free, and live with freedom, is something I now personally take very seriously.
But it wasn't always that way.
I used to think that “freedom” was a pipe dream – just a nice idea I put on a pedestal, and thought “wouldn't that be awesome to feel free!”
But, it never felt truly viable.
I figured I would have to somehow exit society with all it's constraints, pressures and demands, in order to feel free and live free.
I vividly recall thinking, and actually saying, “I just want to run away and live in the countryside somewhere.” That was my vision of freedom.
I wondered if freedom was something that came with retirement, when I turned 65 years old.
I also figured that unless I won the lottery or struck it big somehow, where I had the resources to buy my freedom, then it wasn't going to be possible to really be free.
I wondered, “How else can I get the freedom to get away from all the stress in my own mind and the outer pressures and demands?”
Then through a series of events in early 2010, what I refer to as my “wake up call“, I decided it wasn't a very good strategy to rely on wishing and hoping that I might win the lottery or accidentally find freedom one day.
I also decided I wasn't willing to wait until I was retired in order to feel truly free.
Instead, I decided to go about CREATING freedom for myself. And I embarked on an adventure to do so with great vigor!
The MOTIVATION to Prioritize Freedom
But, you might be wondering, what pushed me over the edge from daydreaming about it and not really thinking it was available to me, into seriously creating it.
Well… I got emotionally triggered.
Through a series of subtle but powerful “wake up” moments (you can find out more about that here) I got pretty emotional about the likelihood I would NOT feel free and live free unless I did something to make it happen for myself.
And I got motivated by the fact I did NOT want to spend the rest of my life in a freedom-less zone.
I began to see the truth…
- That there are ways to generate a life and lifestyle based on freedom
- That other people had created freedom, in many different ways and forms
- That there was every reason to believe that I could too.
I just had to figure out HOW.
Going on a Freedom Seeking Adventure
So I took a journey, a life changing adventure ride!
I focused on transforming my inner self (mindset, beliefs, thoughts, feelings and behavior) and my outer world (what I did, where I lived and how I spent my time), and I learnt some very important lessons about freedom along the way!
I share those lessons in this interview below, with Regina van de Velden on her podcast – The Art of Living Courageously Free. Regina helps her listeners tap into their GENIUS within – to be confident and empowered to live in alignment with that inherent capability, to live courageously free.
Tune in below to hear:
- What “freedom” used to mean to me, before I embarked on my adventure to feel free and live free.
- What I quickly came to realise about freedom and my new understanding of it that CHANGED EVERYTHING.
- The advice, tips and tools I received and used along the way that made the biggest difference for me in creating a career and lifestyle with more freedom (particularly regarding starting and running an online business for having freedom of time and location flexibility)
- My advice to you for setting yourself up for success with feeling and living free – irrespective of how you live, where you live, what you do for a career, and irrespective of what “freedom” uniquely means to you.
- Two life changing books I always recommend to EVERYONE.
Feel Free, Live Free – Tips to Support Your Journey
A big thanks to the Regina for her time in creating this podcast! For more inspiration on living courageously free…
- Visit Regina here – The Art of Living Courageously Free
- Subscribe to her podcast here – The Art of Living Courageously Free Podcast on iTunes
- Download this podcast audio free here
I'd love to hear your thoughts on freedom, so head to the comments section below and let me know:
- What does freedom mean to you?
- What is blocking you right now from feeling free and living free?
- What changes do you sense you need to make in order to shift into greater freedom within yourself or in your life?
With love, Bernadette
Related Resources to Help You Feel Free & Live Free
- 5 Pre-Requisites to Rocket Your Dream Off the Ground
- 6 Signs That it's Time to Change Directions
- Taking a Leap of Faith – Tips to Step Forth Confidently
- 400 Powerfully Positive Affirmations – Train Your Mindset for Freedom & Success
- How to Motivate Yourself – 5 Steps to Turn Your Power On
- How to Overcome Fear – the Ultimate Guide
- “Pinch Me” – the Book
Bernadette Logue (known to everyone as “B”) is the Leader of The Daily Positive, a Transformation Life Coach and the author of 3 personal growth books – guiding you on how to master your mind, to live consciously and soul-aligned. To receive regular coaching resources and support, join B in EvolveHQ, The Daily Positive’s private personal growth membership and community. To find out more about B click here.