I can’t imagine life without my powerful morning ritual. It’s my Conversation with the Universe.
It’s something I’ve done for years, and there’s a very specific reason why.
Why Have a Morning Ritual?
- Life is so busy and it will easily take, take, take from you! You get out of bed, head out the door and you give yourself to the world. It is filled with the demands, noise, responsibilities, relationships, your “to do” list, challenges and excitement. It’s easy to get swamped by that busy-ness if you’re not centered and calm within yourself. A morning ritual will keep you centered and calm.
- If you don’t consciously choose what you want to think, feel and do for the day, you might end up in default auto-pilot mode. Then who knows where you’ll end up! A morning ritual will set your thoughts, feelings and action directly where you want them to go. It’s like setting your compass.
- You are always creating your life from the inside-out – either without realizing it or by consciously creating the life you really want. A morning ritual let’s you create the life you want through intentional conversation and partnership with the Universe.
The Benefits I’ve Seen First-Hand from a Morning Ritual
Based on the particular morning ritual I practice, the same one I’m sharing with you in the audio below, here are the benefits…
- It consciously plugs you into the Universe that you belong to
- It clears you of all negative energy from the day before
- It calls you to let go of anything that weighs you down
- It puts you directly into a state of love and gratitude
- It guides you to set your positive intention for the day (and for your life), to then broadcast it to the entire Universe!
- It keeps your sense of purpose at the forefront of your mind
- It helps you focus on what is meaningful and important, to be undistracted by the BS of the world
- It reminds you that you’re a soul – beyond mind, personality and body
- It makes you feel powerful
- It means you are far more self-aware and on-target for the day ahead
- It sets a foundation upon which YOU CAN OWN YOUR LIFE
And if that isn’t enough, there is one other critical reason that I personally choose to make my morning ritual a priority…
Without my morning ritual, my day does not go as well
In the times when I have not done my morning ritual, I noticed a pattern…
- I was less present
- I felt more at the whim of life around me
- I felt more scattered and inclined to stress
- I was more reactive and prone to losing myself in problems
- I had less control over my thoughts and feelings as they arose
- I was less intentional and focused on what was important to me, versus the demands coming at me
What is a Morning Ritual?
A morning ritual is anything that you do which sets you up for success in your day ahead.
There are SO many types of rituals you can do. You can combine many elements, and craft something that uniquely resonates with you.
I’ve included all sorts of things into my rituals in the past. I’ve also seen my clients and people in the Pinch Me Living community come up with all sorts of amazing rituals that fit their unique preferences and needs.
Common elements include things such as:
- Mantras / Affirmations
- Dancing (yes!)
- Nourishing drinks and food
What Makes a Morning Ritual Workable?
For a ritual to pay you back, you have to commit to it.
That means doing it regularly.
A morning ritual is not just for days when you feel like it. It’s not just for days when you wake up feeling awful, to lift you up. It’s not just for days when you’re already feeling great, and so you’re inclined to take care of yourself.
You will gain full benefit from a morning ritual when you do it consistently.
But to do it consistently, to stick at it and make it a priority, your morning ritual has to be…
- Something you love! So you WANT to do it.
- Something you can easily integrate into your morning routine no matter where you are physically (ie. you can do it when at home, at work, when away on holiday or travelling for work).
- You can easily integrate it in your morning irrespective of how busy you are (ie. it doesn’t take too much time)
A morning ritual of 10-30 minutes is common for most people. If you have more time to invest and you want to, great! But as little as 10 minutes each morning will do the trick!
And… if you say, “I don’t have 10 minutes”, here are solutions.
- Go to bed 10 minutes earlier
- Get up 10 minutes earlier
- Watch 10 minutes less television
- Spend 10 minutes less on activities that don’t pay you back or add no value to your quality of life
- GET BRUTAL! If the world demanded something of you that required 10 minutes, you would probably yield! Meaning… don’t let a story about “not enough time” stop you from caring for yourself. If you wanted it, you would find the time. So the question is… do you want everything a morning ritual can give you?
Gifting You My Morning Ritual
I’ve been asked from time-to-time what my morning ritual is.
And often when I share some of the things I do, people love the sound of it and want to do a similar practice. So… I decided to follow the nudge and I’ve created for you my Morning Ritual – Conversation with the Universe audio.
This is 10 minutes duration, so it’s super easy to integrate into your morning routine.
I recommend you use this audio before you do anything else in the morning. But particularly, BEFORE YOU GIVE YOURSELF TO THE WORLD! That means before you start checking emails and social media. Before you start work. Before you start doing tasks, errands or anything else. If you can, do it before you even shower or eat breakfast.
It’s so easy for life to accidentally derail you once you’re up and about, so…
Setting yourself up for success means sneaking in your ritual before the world comes a knocking!
This ritual is primarily based on a practice I created for myself, but integrated into it are two special sections that I borrow with gratitude from these amazing sacred teachings…
- From A Course in Miracles (a self-study spiritual thought system) “Where would you have me go? What would you have me do? What would you have me say, and to whom?”
- From Ho’oponopono (an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness) – “I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.”
In addition to this conscious conversation I have with the Universe (which I do first thing when I wake up), I also love to do 15 minutes of yoga and deep breathing. I throw in some affirmations spoken out loud. Plus, I’m quite partial to a bit of dancing to high-vibe music in the morning to get my blood pumping and my joy levels elevated!
Play with Your Rituals & Evolve Them as You Evolve
I evolve my morning ritual as I go along in life – adjusting it to suit my needs.
Give yourself permission to do the same.
As the seasons of your life change, so can your rituals.
Start with something. See how it feels. Mix it up. Make it your own.
Do what feels good.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this!
- Enjoy the audio, and tell me how it goes for you.
- Let me know what your own existing morning ritual is.
- Or share what you might be considering creating as a new ritual for yourself.
With big love, Bernadette
Other Audios You Might Enjoy
- Morning Meditation for Higher Perspective, Personal Power & Inner Peace
- 6-Minute Daily Visualization for Goal Achievement
- 8-Minute Daily Empowerment & Self-Love Meditation
- 7-Minute Breathing Meditation for Presence & Calm
- Master Audio Set – 40 Audios for Personal Transformation
Bernadette Logue (known to everyone as “B”) is the Leader of The Daily Positive, a Transformation Life Coach and the author of 3 personal growth books – guiding you on how to master your mind, to live consciously and soul-aligned. To receive regular coaching resources and support, join B in EvolveHQ, The Daily Positive’s private personal growth membership and community. To find out more about B click here.