Does this sound familiar?
- There are times when you struggle to get up from bed.
- It is tough to find the strength to face another day.
- There are various questions in mind: What is my life all about? Is it just about a job that I hate? Is life merely about paying bills?
- You have to sit at a desk every day with a fake smile.
- You have to spend your whole day at a place which you hate.
This is how each week, month and year shall pass. This is how your entire life shall pass!
This is a terrible ending, isn’t it? What can you do to change it? How do you pursue your dreams?
1. Make Time For Self-Reflection
Ask these questions to yourself:
- Why do I need to follow the crowd?
- Why do I need to do what everybody else is doing?
- Why can't I listen to my heart?
- Why can't I do what I love?
- Don’t you want to wake up every morning with a smile?
- Don’t you want to do a job that makes you happy and gives a purpose to your life?
2. Dare To Dream Big
Each one of us has something that we like. Each one of us has something that we dislike. Someone may love something that you dislike. You may love something that they dislike.
This could be anything – photography, rock-climbing, singing or scuba-diving.
It is completely alright to do what you like. It is alright if you don’t do what the majority of people are doing. This is how there is richness in this world.
There are engineers, doctors, singers, writers and scuba divers; each one of them happy with what they are doing in their lives. Don’t you think that life would be extremely boring if there were only singers or only engineers in this world?
We are all unique. We are born with different talents. Embrace your uniqueness.
Find your passion. Find something that makes time fly. Try various fields. This world is full of wonderful things.
Remember not to be disheartened if people don’t appreciate your goals. Believe in yourself and keep going.
3. Stop Comparing Yourself To Others
Accept your splendid uniqueness. Remember that it must be your dream and not someone else's dream.
We spend our entire lives wishing to be like someone else. Each one of us has our weaknesses and strengths.
Life is not merely about money or physical attractiveness. There are other wonderful things to live for.
Where are we going wrong?
We are focusing only on other's strengths and we are focusing only on our weaknesses.
Do you know how disastrous this is? You are unknowingly undervaluing yourself. You are amazing the way you are.
There are certain aspects of life which are beyond our control. Accept them the way they are. They are in your best interest. They won't be a hindrance to your happiness and to a great life that lies ahead of you.
Don’t compare yourself with anyone. No one is beneath or above anyone.
All you have to do is identify your strengths and work hard on them. Follow your life’s purpose.
4. Start Pursuing Your Dreams
Transform your dream into reality. These are some things that you should keep in mind:
- Believe in Yourself – You must believe in yourself and your dream. If you want to be a singer then believe that you will be a singer one day. Repeat it to yourself every day. Work hard for it.
- Persistence is the Key – Dedicate your entire time and energy for your dream. It should be just you and your dream.
- Every Failure is a Lesson – Don't let failures discourage you. Keep working. Take a break whenever necessary. Keep moving forward.
- Be Patient – Everything takes time. The most wonderful things in this world took years to form. Do not give up. One day your dream shall become a reality.
5. Give Yourself A Chance
Instead of focusing on your problems, work hard on finding their solutions. You must change if you wish to change your life. Work on yourself and then see your entire world change.
Your life is not owned by the opinions of some judgmental people. You own your life. It is your responsibility. Believe that you can do it. You have the power to transform your life.
Stop trying to impress others. Just be kind and loving. You have immense power within you.
Live the life you’ve always dreamed of. Give yourself a chance!