I'm not sure what it is about traveling that appeals to the human soul. Is it the adventure? Is it the newness? Is it the people, or culture, or visual sights?

As a husband and father, I can tell you one thing for sure… It's harder to travel now. It's not a loss of desire or spontaneity either. It's just more complicated.

If you plan on having a typical life, you have small window between high school and career/marriage/parenthood to selfishly travel. To pave your own way. To not think things through and to live in the moment. This video is a reminder of that window of time. Get out there.

Where do you want to visit? What other destinations or travel experiences should people have while they're single? Let me know in the comments below.

-11%
-11%
-11%
-11%

13 thoughts on “10 Trips You MUST Take While You’re Single

1. ddno1 says:

I can see doing some of these in your 20’s (spring break). But I think you can do a lot of these later in life (empty nesters). Never give up on your dreams.

2. Daven Haskett says:

I love traveling! I am an Au-pair in another country. It’s a great way to learn new things including language skills, cooking, meeting new people, and really just putting yourself out there. I have traveled around Europe a bit while being here as well. One of the best ideas that I ever made in my life, it is a great way to see what you want in life. I highly recommend going to Europe for a bit just after graduating from University.

3. Caitlin says:

I wish they would have included Africa on the list! It’s not all AIDS, poverty, war, and famine. I’ve been twice in my 20s (so far)–Ghana and Uganda/Rwanda–and can’t wait to go back. It really opened up my perspective and showed how skewed the media portrays the entire continent.

4. Danielle Borer says:

I love traveling and want to keep traveling! I have so many travels on my bucket list to do! Sometimes I wish my friends didn’t all get married young.

5. Bfair says:

Great post! Its important to remember that spending time on a beach with someone you love doesn’t necessarily mean a significant other.

6. Victoria Eyabunoh says:

This post was right on time. I’m taking my first holiday to a hot beach destination this July and I’m 24. The anticipation of it is making me feel like why don’t I do this more often. So I got a part time job to fund my travelling adventures for next year. I’ll definitely be taking tips from this video. Thanks Dale 🙂

7. Grace says:

South Africa and Mozambique! Cape Town is stunning and the Cradle of Human Life outside Johannesburg will give you chills. Mozambique has the most amazing chicken you will ever taste in your life!

8. Angie says:

I am 56 years old. I have been divorced for 7 years. Not happy about the divorce, however am very happy that I have learned to embrace the freedom and liberty. My spirit of adventure has always been calling me & so now that it is less complicated I am answering. I’ve been to Hawaii once and Ecuador 3 times. And this summer opportunity has opened for me to taste some adventure in Greece and Paris. And coming up in the fall i will be going to Mexico City, Mexico. Loving life and enriching it even more with encounters with people from different cultures. I have a world map in my living room. If you get up close to the map you will see pins. One color of pins represent places I’ve been & the other places i want to go. There’s a whole wide world waiting for me and so excited to experience it.

9. Robin Jayne says:

Good video. Would be much better if you’d have thought outside the box more. Spring break I’m probably past, but as a 50-year-old woman with grown kids I’m doing some of the things you list here for people in their 20’s. Seriously? I’ve had more fun than most people and can ride a ripstik, am learning to play disc golf (great to do on a road trip, btw), and went to Philadelphia alone last year and had a blast. Planning a trip to Thailand because my daughter moved there on Easter. Travel knows no boundaries~