Picture a girl standing in a park holding a kite high into the clouds on a windy day. This is pretty much an illustration of my marriage. As you've guessed, I'm the kite.
Now even though our life can be extreme, risky, spontaneous, and often times straight scary for my wife, she wouldn't have it any other way.
Most men and women view dreamers as a liability – someone who is so focused on the future they forget to make reality a reality. But like all people groups there are extremes. While some dreamers can be spastic and undisciplined, others can be quite incredible. They can be insightful visionaries, master craftsman, trend-setters, and extraordinary creators.
So are dreamers really as bad as they've been made out to be? No. It turns out having a dreamer as a partner might actually bring some vibrancy to your life. To help you on your journey of defining such a counterpart, I've listed:
5 Reasons You Should Absolutely Date a Dreamer
1. You'll Always Be Encouraged – Dreamers fight for positivity, inspiration, and a wild heart. While many people destroy our desires with negative comments and ungrounded doubts, dreamers will stand behind you with eyes on the horizon cheering you toward your future.
2. They Make Desires a Reality – Dreamers can turn your life from a wish to a walking reality. They have the ability to envision a desirable future with such clarity they can see plainly the steps they must take to get there.
3. You'll Learn More Than You Can Imagine – Dreamers push the limits of society. They challenge the systems of standard thought and create their own path. They're a master of the human condition and are constantly learning, teaching, and becoming.
4. You're life will become an Adventure – Life will become a colorful mosaic of hidden pathways, unexpected beauties, and spontaneous transitions. Going to the grocery store is no longer boring, it's an opportunity to meet new people, buy new foods, and try something you've never done before.
5. They See The Potential in Everything – Dreamers have the rare ability of seeing opportunity and beauty in almost everything. To make experiences bright, optimistic, and exciting.
What about you? Do you have another reason you should date a dreamer? Let me know in the comments below.
Share This Story. Someone you Know Needs to Hear This
Some know me as a serial entrepreneur and Founder of Sevenly and StartupCamp, others know me as the guy who can ride a unicycle and still kickflip on a skateboard. I’m on a mission to inspire people. Will you join me?