How many days do you wake up already overwhelmed with the tasks that need to get done?
By the time your feet are on the floor – your schedule seems to increase.
We can face many different emotions from one day to the next as we deal with the demands of daily life.
Whatever the scenario you find yourself in, you can use essential oils for emotional wellbeing – to help balance your emotions and bring yourself back to center. They can help us to handle life circumstances with more ease and clarity.
Essential oils can seem complicated to understand and use for those who are new to them. There are so many different oils and so many different emotions—which oils do you choose for which emotions?
Which Essential Oils Should You Use to Balance Your Emotions?
There is a simple answer to this question—choose from a category.
Essential oils are categorized into Citrus, Florals, Green, Spices and Woods to make it easier to understand the character of the oil.
- A Citrus oil, such as Lemon or Bergamot can be diffused through the air to lift your spirit, when you are feeling down. They can also be used in the afternoon as an energy booster.
- Floral essential oils, such as Rose or Lavender are most often used for heart healing, emotional trauma and to calm the nervous system in stressful times.
- Green oils are a variety of essential oils also found in the other categories. They have an additional herbaceous aroma to them. Lavender falls into the Green category, while it is also a Floral.
- Spice oils, such as Cinnamon are most often used to blend with other oils to spice up the blend. They can create a warming and sensual aroma, when they are blended with Floral oils.
- Finally the Wood oils, such as Sandalwood and Vetiver are grounding and are often used in meditation. They can create a calm and focused presence and are helpful to ground one after a shock.
Using Blends of Essential Oils for Specific Emotions
It can feel complicated when there is more than one emotion involved. This is where you can blend more that one oil together.
For example, in times of fear, you can come back to center with an essential oil in the grounding category.
When the fear is related to an emotion connected to the heart, then you can add in a Floral for a heart healing effect. A drop of each can be added to a carrier oil, such as jojoba and massaged on the middle of the chest as you take in a deep breath.
Essential oils can be used to shift any emotional state and it can be as simple as choosing from a category for an emotion.
Tips for Using Essential Oils for Emotional Wellbeing
- Essential oils can be diffused through a diffuser to fill a room with their aroma. For example, add 6 drops of Lemon essential oil to a diffuser to lift your energy or low mood.
- Essential oils should always be diluted in a carrier oil, such as jojoba or coconut before applying to the skin. They can cause dermal irritation to sensitive skin and citrus oils are known to cause photosensitivity (redness or rash) if applied before being exposed to the sun.
- Essential oils should never be ingested—they can be toxic and have been known to cause esophageal burns.
Choose to be at peace today and balance your emotions with essential oils.
To learn how to properly use essential oils for emotional wellbeing, check out my website in my bio below this article, where you will find Essential Oil Guides that are filled with information and safety tips. You will learn how to use essential oils using a Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnostic system for symptom relief and will also learn how to make your own products!
Thank you Tina! This guide is very helpful. I had no idea that you could blend essential oils with coconut oil and apply them to your skin, thanks for that tip! Where do you think the best place or what is the best brand when buying essential oils?
Thank you for sharing that essential oils should never be ingested. So many others encourage people to do so and as you said, it can be toxic.