If you're dealing with rude and toxic people in your life, the easy path is to react negatively and vent your frustration back at them.
That easy path ends up being the most deadly path though!
You'll find yourself in an escalated situation, with only more rudeness and negativity coming at you. That's because toxic people are energetically and emotionally on-edge and ready to fight with anything that opposes them.
So, instead of fighting fire with fire, it's time to put out their fire with a dose of your calm and self-aware action…
8 Tips for Dealing with Rude & Toxic People
- What is within someone, is what comes out of them. It's not about you.
- They are playing their pattern, so use the mantra “This is their pattern, I will not play a part in it.”
- Where possible, remove yourself.
- When appropriate, use silence as your response.
- Acknowledge how they feel or what they are going through.
- Offer a new viewpoint.
- Set boundaries.
- Do a daily morning visualization where you see their face and you wish them health and happiness.
With love, Bernadette
Related Resources for Dealing with Difficult People
- How to Have a Difficult Conversation
- When, Why & How to Forgive Someone
- How to Communicate When Frustrated or Angry
- A Shocking Response to Give if Someone Lashes Out at You
- A Tip for When Someone is Venting at You
- How to Stop Arguing – Avoid Disagreements Escalating
- How to Stand Up for Yourself
Bernadette Logue (known to everyone as “B”) is the Leader of The Daily Positive, a Transformation Life Coach and the author of 3 personal growth books – guiding you on how to master your mind, to live consciously and soul-aligned. To receive regular coaching resources and support, join B in EvolveHQ, The Daily Positive’s private personal growth membership and community. To find out more about B click here.