If you're dealing with rude and toxic people in your life, the easy path is to react negatively and vent your frustration back at them.
That easy path ends up being the most deadly path though!
You'll find yourself in an escalated situation, with only more rudeness and negativity coming at you. That's because toxic people are energetically and emotionally on-edge and ready to fight with anything that opposes them.
So, instead of fighting fire with fire, it's time to put out their fire with a dose of your calm and self-aware action…
8 Tips for Dealing with Rude & Toxic People
- What is within someone, is what comes out of them. It's not about you.
- They are playing their pattern, so use the mantra “This is their pattern, I will not play a part in it.”
- Where possible, remove yourself.
- When appropriate, use silence as your response.
- Acknowledge how they feel or what they are going through.
- Offer a new viewpoint.
- Set boundaries.
- Do a daily morning visualization where you see their face and you wish them health and happiness.
With love, Bernadette