We spend much of our lives trying to be happy. We go places, we buy stuff, we watch movies, and we get outside. But too often we focus on the things which bring short term pleasure rather than true happiness.

I fall short with the rest of you. I spend too much time searching for value, purpose, and meaning in all the wrong places. I work too much. I'm on my phone too much. And I'm just too freaking busy.

But the guy in the film gets it. He's consistent. He's selfless. He's happy.

How are you searching for happiness? Be honest. Are you self-focused or considerate? Are you generous or tightly budgeted? Are you too busy or do you seize the moment?

What will you do to be truly happy today?

Share: Someone You Know Needs to Hear This

40 thoughts on “5 Signs of a Truly Happy Person

1. Cherish Bohlman says:

Even though I lack, I struggle, I hurt…today I will do good, I will bring happiness to others, I will unclench my fists.

2. Cherish Bohlman says:

3. Dionna L. Hayden says:

I love this post!

Today, I’m focused on fulfilling assignments that will help shape the lives of others through art and personal integrity. I can honestly say, that even on my worst days or during the most challenging seasons in my life, this has helped me push.

4. Dionna L. Hayden says:

I love this post!

5. Robert Poirier says:

Im just going to love others, thats what the man did in this video and its the simple things in life. Take time to do those small things and they will add up to big things.

6. Robert Poirier says:

7. Naomi Cruz says:

Loved this post!!! Thank you so much Dale, truly I have been loving your daily positives! And I feel so fortunate I happened to come across one of your posts 😉 Today I am happy because I am going to a job interview for a company that I am truly excited to work for to better myself/living situation and evolve as a person. I am in a stage where I am focusing on myself while helping out my close circle as much as I can. Happiness makes all the difference!! Thats for sure, i have struggled from depression so I’m writing from my life experiences. 😉 Cheers everyone to a happy day! and Dale thank you for everything you do, you have brought me great joy. Thank you. -Naomi from southern cali

8. Naomi Cruz says:

9. Sissi says:

I live my life with open and honest heart. I do “random acts of kindness” everyday. I realized long time ago, that I can´t buy happiness with money. Happiness is not for sale. It´s an emotion, living inside of myself. Happiness is not a destination, it´s a way of life. And I´m so happy, that I have found the path. I truly enjoy my life – everyday. I´m grateful for everything that I have, especially my children. I love my life as the way it is. I have peace in my heart and soul. I wish you all – light and love with all my heart. Blessings and greetings from Finland 🙂

10. Sissi says:

11. Amy Proto says:

Perfect timing…I was just writing in my journal about happiness…I have been on a journey looking for true happiness in my life the past few years…As you know, gratitude is an important part of the puzzle too. Thank you for sharing this video with us!

12. Amy Proto says:

13. suz conner says:

that man has true peace in his heart, so evident that he pours it out even to people on the streets!

14. suz conner says:

15. Danielle says:

Such a nice video.. And so true. If only more people thought this way the world would be a better place. Now to do my part and try and do the same!

16. Danielle says:

17. Hugsrbetter says:

WOW! Such a wonderful video! It really touched me and made me want to change a lot in my life. For a breif moment I lost sight of what really made me happy.. It isn’t possessions or fame or how much money I have… It’s feeling the joy of others around me and surrounding myself with positive energy and people. Thank you so much for sharing this! It was perfect timing!

18. Hugsrbetter says:

19. Brigetta says:

Totally made me cry when the little girl showed up in a school uniform. This is such a great question. I’m a mom of four boys and the youngest will be in kindergarten next year. My time at home with them has been so valuable, but now I’m really feeling called the use my gifts to impact lives. I love how simple this video shows it really is.

20. Brigetta says:

21. Tina says:

It made me cry too. It’s good to realize how many things, we just pass them by and don’t pay attention

22. Tina says:

23. Laura says:

The best things in life are free! Nothing makes me happier than sharing love, emotions and beautiful, meaningful moments with all the people I love! To be kind is a blessing for the ones who gives as well as for the ones who receive… 🙂 ♥

24. Laura says:

25. Random says:

It can be difficult to notice how your energy effects the world around you if you don’t open your mind to it. A friend once told me that if we realized how strong the power of our mind is, we would never have another negative thought. 🙂 <3

26. Random says:

27. John says:

Excellent stuff, we have to live in the moment…….we let pass too many opportunities to make a difference, make others happy and experience happiness ourselves!

28. John says:

29. jme12 says:

This video was just amazing! It really opened my eyes and made me remember that it really feels good to give to others! No matter what it is, if it’s a positive experience for not only me, it was more than worth it. I’m going to try and remember to take the opportunity when it arises in any situation. It will be a great experience and I’m sure I’ll gain happiness quicker than I think 🙂

Thank you for this video!!

30. jme12 says:

Thank you for this video!!

31. jojo says:

Life would be easy & happiness is simply & spontaneously arises as long as were not selfish. every little deed counts, by making anyone smile much more when they laugh by sharing them your unconditional love & affection, its a good thing to begin with.

32. wambam says:

This video is perfect! It reminds you of the importance in paying attention to the little things in life. Too often we are buried in our phones/tablets etc. and miss the world around us… Being selfless and giving is one of the best ways to achieve true happiness. I love your posts and video links Dale, keep them coming! 🙂